Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's an Aardvark!

I am going to talk about some of my favorite Christmas memories in my next few blog posts.

One of my favorite Christmases involved an aardvark!

One year when my sister and I were in our early teens, I asked her (jokingly--I never really want to know) what she had gotten me for Christmas. She said, "It's an aardvark." For a few years after that, every birthday and Christmas one of us would ask the other what the other had gotten for her, and we would answer, "It's an aardvark." Then, when I was 17 or 18 and she was 15 or 16, I found a stuffed aardvark toy at Sears! Diana asked me again that year what I had gotten her, and I responded, "It's an aardvark." The look on Diana's face when she opened the gift and saw "Artie" the aardvark inside was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment