Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How Does God Speak to You?

Something happened last night that just served to remind me that God speaks to me all the time--I just have to listen and be aware or I might miss it.

I take a few prescription medicines for health issues, including two types of blood pressure medicine. With one of them I take a full pill and with the other I take half a pill. My doctor said that if I ever feel like I need a full pill, I can do that.

That said, yesterday I forgot to take any of my medicines. By the time I realized it, I figured it would be too late, as it would throw my medicine schedule for the next day off, so I didn't take any. I felt okay, so I figured it wasn't a big deal.

When I started getting ready for bed I noticed something odd. My blood pressure machine, which I had not used in a few days, was partly wrapped around my alarm clock and partly on the bed. Had I inadvertently moved it when I turned my alarm off in the morning? Had the cat been fooling around there and moved it? I don't know. What I do know is that when I saw it lying like that the first thought I had was that I should take my blood pressure right then.

I'm glad I made that decision because my blood pressure was high. I decided to take half of the one pill right then, and I would take the other half when I took the rest of my medicines in the morning.

That is the first way God spoke to me on this matter. The second came a few minutes later. I didn't want to take the pill and go straight to bed. I have read that you should sit up for at least two minutes after taking a pill rather than lying down right afterwards. I grabbed one of my crossword puzzle books and the closest available pen and started working on a puzzle. It was very late, and I needed to get some sleeep, but the puzzle was interesting and I was really getting into it. Then, a couple minutes into the puzzle, just as I finished a word, the pen ran out of ink! I thought to myself, I guess it is time for bed! I checked my blood pressure again, and it had come down significantly, so I went to bed.

I truly felt God speaking to me in this. If I had not checked my blood pressure right then, I would not have known that it was way too high. The ink in the pen lasted just long enough to give me the time I needed to know the medicine had done its job.  Some may think it was just a coincidence. I just know that I serve an AWESOME God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment