Friday, March 27, 2009

Gray Days

You hear people talk all the time about beautiful sunny days. I love sunny days myself, if they aren't too hot. The weather often affects our moods. When the day is sunny, our outlook on life is sunny. When the day is gray, our outlook is often dark and gloomy. While I do not like too many gloomy days in a row, I believe that too many people do not see the beauty of gloomy days.

I wish I had pictures of the tree down the street from the house I used to live in. Some friends of ours had a fairly large (not large on an oak or redwood scale, but not small) tree in their front yard. On most days it might or might not be noticed. It was a nice enough looking tree, but it didn't really stand out. On gray, gloomy days however, that tree was gorgeous! It had thousands of small lavender colored flowers all over it. On sunny days, you hardly noticed it, but on gray days the lavender color just popped out at you!

I love how God gives us something beautiful to brighten up even the gloomy days! I have a lot of "sunny" days, but I do have occasional gloomy days as well. It is easy to see the good things in my life on the sunny days. It isn't always so easy on the gloomy days, but thankfully God has been helping me find the little lavender flowers of beauty in my gray days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment