Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter candy is on sale, and although we can't afford it, my sweetie got some for us today. He bought each of us a Russell Stover solid chocolate bunny, and he bought me a hollow bunny. The hollow one is a name brand, which I won't mention, as it is not that great when compared to almost any other chocolate.

So why did I get just as excited about the not quite chocolate tasting hollow bunny (with a cute name, candy eyes, and a little bow tie) as I did the really great tasting solid milk chocolate bunny? Because that is the one that brought all the childhood memories flooding back. Going through our Easter baskets, the Easter egg hunt at Uncle Bob's and Aunt Rae's house one year, a beautiful (to our eyes anyway) new Easter dress, the special service at church. To paraphrase the best comedian who ever lived (Bob Hope), thanks for the memories you big ol' hollow bunny!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you brought back memories for me too. One time at my Grandma's house we got our Easter baskets and I wasn't used to the old house and the heat radiators. I put my basket next to one and it all melted all over the place. I was in tears. But my older sister shared some with me (a first!) and all was well.

    ReplyDelete