Friday, May 8, 2009

My Bud, and Her Little Menagerie

I have a wonderful friend, Christi, who has a great husband, two terrific boys, and two guinea pigs. She and I talked last night, and I had to laugh when she told me of their new family member. They are now the owners of a newly weaned gray kitten named Shadow. She did not seek out to find a kitten, but through circumstances and because of her big heart (that did not want to see the kitten go to the pound), she became a cat owner.

Why did I laugh? I am a cat person. I am also a dog person, and an all-around animal person. Christi, on the other hand, is not, and never has been, a pet person. But because she loves her kids, and because she has a big heart, she has now added a cuddly little kitten to the mix!

I love Christi's big heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment